Experience adventure in the White Mountains with one of our Guided Summer Adventures. Our Director of Guided Programs, Steve Nichipor, can take you on a summer ascent of one of New Hampshire's 4000-foot peaks, climb any number of classic rock routes or a family outing on our West Wall climb. The possibilities are endless and we have programs for everyone, from beginner to expert. Advanced reservations are required for these specialized trips in order to plan the best experience for you.
Join our experienced guides for the awe-inspiring guided West Wall Rock Climb at Bretton Woods. This rock climbing experience is designed for people with a wide range of climbing abilities, and previous climbing experience is not required! This three-hour guided rock climb is tailored to each group, based on individual abilities and goals. One guide will accompany up to three guests, and our guides will work with each group to choose the most appropriate route. Guests will be belayed on all technical climbing sections. Additionally, fixed ropes may be used as aid, if needed, but are not required to climb the routes.*
After a ride up the Skyway Gondola, a short hike takes us to the bottom of the Southwest face of Mount Oscar; better known to Bretton Woods’ skiers as West Mountain. Several routes of varying difficulty, all approximately 400’ in length, ascend a granite cliff to an elevation of 3,000 feet. Situated in the White Mountain National Forest, the cliffs provide an open vista of the Pemigewasset Wilderness and Zealand Valley.
*Technical equipment including harness, helmet and rubber soled shoes will be provided.
Reservations are required and can be made online or by calling 603-278-3320.
2021 West Wall Climbing Schedule
- Saturday - Wednesday; July 10 - October 11, 2021*
*Schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or other circumstances.
2021 West Wall Climbing Excursion Rates
Private / Individual Climb: $149
- Two person climb: $198
- Three person climb: $297
RESERVE WEST WALL CLIMB
- Check in is located at the ticket window on the ground or “parking lot” level of the Bretton Woods Base Lodge.
- Guest should check in at the ticket window 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old and safely fit in the harness provided.
- Participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Each participant needs to be in relatively good physical condition and be able to walk over uneven ground.
What you should bring:
- Small Daypack for extra clothing and gear
- Waterproof jacket
- Water bottle/Camelback
- Sunscreen/Bug Spray
- Guided activities will be conducted with members of your own party only. You will not be grouped with participants you do not know. Masks are recommended throughout certain sections of the guided activity and your guides will let you know when they can be removed.
- Bretton Woods and the Omni Mount Washington Resort will continue to follow the Universal Guidelines as mandated by the Governor of the state of New Hampshire. For more information, follow this link.
- All reservations are charged in full at the time of booking. Please pay careful attention to local weather forecasts if you feel that you do not want to participate in the rain. If you choose to cancel within 24 hours of your scheduled start time due to the weather, you will be charged the full amount.
- If your reservation is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, you will receive a full refund or have the opportunity to reschedule. We will make every attempt to contact you at least 24 hours ahead of time however; this 24-hour notice may not always be possible due to the unpredictable nature of the weather in New Hampshire.
- We understand that COVID-19 creates uncertainty with travel plans. Please call us to discuss your options should you need to cancel due to situations resulting from the pandemic.