For additional information regarding any of our race programs or offerings please call Guest Services at Bretton Woods at 603-278-3320.
Fireball Race Series 2020
The Fireball Race Series is an 8-week race league for adults 21 and up. Races are held from 4:00pm-7:00pm on Friday nights throughout the ski season (excluding Friday, February 21st) starting January 3rd, 2020 and ending February 28th, 2020. Food will be served from 5:00pm–7:00pm. At the end of the season, an awards ceremony and banquet will be held for the participating members.
Each team will be comprised of five members with all five members eligible to race and earn points weekly. Male and female racers will not be scored separately as this is a co-ed series.
If a team member is unable to attend a race, he/she may be replaced with a substitute. Alternates will be drawn at random from the sub pool on an as needed basis unless a specific racer is arranged to be an alternate with the team captain prior to the start of the race. The team captain must notify the race committee if there will be a need for an alternate and if they have already arranged for one. Non-league members may act as substitutes on a per-race basis however, the substitute fee does not include a lift ticket; all non-league member substitutes must have a valid lift ticket or season pass to participate.
VIEW CURRENT TEAM STANDINGS
Register online at shop.brettonwoods.com or in person at the Season Pass Office during normal hours of operation.
- Pick up your Race League Pass as early as opening day!
- Day-of registrations will be accepted; passes must be picked up by 6:00m on January 3rd, 2020.
- Unregistered racers arriving after 6:00pm will need a lift ticket to participate in first race; racers will not be issued a make-up ticket for lost day.
- $99.00 per person
- $65.00 per person for 19-20 Season Passholders and employees
- $15 for non-league substitutes, does not include lift ticket
- All league members will receive a season pass which will be valid from open to close on each Friday of the 2019-20 ski season* beginning from the day you pick the pass up.** The pass will not be valid on the following dates:
- December 27th, 2019
- February 21st, 2020
*Racers missing more than 2 consecutive races will have their pass suspended until they meet with the race committee.
**Exclusions apply. Racers will not be issued tickets, vouchers, or receive any other compensation for missed days.
- Prizes will be given for each race, with prizes for the top three Racers as well as the top three teams at the end of the season.
- An evening Awards Banquet will be held following the conclusion of the series on March 24th, 2020.
2019 Fireball Series Schedule
- January 3, 2020 - First Race
- January 10, 2020
- January 17, 2020
- January 24, 2020
- January 31, 2020
- February 7, 2020
- February 14, 2020
- February 28, 2020 - Final Race
- March 6, 2020 - Make Up Day If Needed
- March 24, 2020 - Awards Banquet
- All team members and substitute must be at least 21 years old as of the race date and have submitted signed release forms.
- Team members must check in and register for each race.
- Registration begins at 5:00pm in the Slopeside Pub (Racers cannot register at the start house)
- Races will be held on the Recreation Race Arena.
- Race formats may include, but are not limited to, Giant Slalom, Dual GS and Technical Slalom.
- Snowboarders and telemarker skiers will not be handicapped.
- Racers will be notified of any cancellations by 3:00pm the day of the race.
- All outdoor programs are weather dependent and subject to change, please call Guest Services at Bretton Woods at 603-278-3320 for the latest schedule.