Bretton Woods is proud to offer a variety of award-winning programs that will help give your kids the opportunity to take to the slopes and the learn the fun sport of skiing and riding.
We are currently not accepting reservations for Bretton Woods kid's programs for the 2020-21 winter season; to include Hobbits, Babes in the Woods Nursery and the Ski & Snowplay Program. Please join our E-Club to receive the most up-to-date information on the upcoming ski & snowboard season.
Frequently Asked Questions about Children's Programs
How do I know my child's skill level?
Green (Learning Center Quad):
- This may be my first time on skis.
- I am working on the basic movements of skiing
- I am stopping and turning on the easiest Green trails.
- Learning Center Green skiers must be able to ski in a wedge and stop on the easiest Green trails.
- I am comfortable on all green trails working on basic turns.
- Starting to match skis at the end of the turn.
- Mountain Green skiers must be able to ski in a wedge on all green trails on the mountain.
- I am skiing parallel on blue trails.
- I am challenging myself with some black trails.
- I am comfortable skiing parallel on all black trails.
Red: First time on a snowboard. Can slip around on a board.
Green: Can make heel- and toe-side turns, control speed and stop.
Blue: Can link heel- and toe-side turns and control speed through good turn shape.
Black: Can ride all types of terrain and trying freestyle tricks and/or carving.
*For safety reasons, upper level groups may be required to take 1-2 runs on the Learning Center Quad at the beginning of lessons.
How early do I arrive on day of check-in?
Please arrive for registration at least one hour prior to lesson time. This will help to provide a smooth transition to the ski slope.
What should my children wear?
Clothing should be appropriate for the weather of the day - warm and waterproof. Hat - Neck-warmer - Parka - Gloves or mittens - Ski pants - Goggles or sunglasses. Goggles and neck-ups may be required in certain weather conditions.
What is a child check card?
When registering your child in the Hobbit Program, you will receive a numbered card that must be returned at the time your child is picked up at the Kids' Alpine Club. Children will NOT be released to an adult without this child check card. This policy ensures the utmost safety and security for your child.
Questions about any of this information?
Please contact the Ski School Call Center at (603) 278-3303.