Teen Adventure Camps
Teens ages 13 to 17 will enjoy a vast array of activities with our skilled Adventure Guides. These fully supervised programs begin and end at the Bretton Woods Ski Area, beginning July and concluding the end of August.
Teen Adventure Camps include a variety of activities that will keep teens engaged while enjoying the outdoors and the many activities the Omni Mount Washington Resort has to offer. Sample activities include Canopy Tours, Rock Climbing, Hiking Excursions, Mountain Biking, Archery, Wilderness Survival Skills, and Fly Fishing.
Teen Adventure Camps are closed for the season. Thanks for a great summer and we look forward to seeing you next year.
Reservations are required, as space is limited. If you are interested in additional information, or would like to make reservations, please contact the Adventure Center at 603-278-3335.
- Fridays & Saturdays: June 29 - August 25, 2018
- 10:00am: Participant drop off at Bretton Woods Adventure Center
- Each day will consist of various activities and will be different each day. Schedule may vary depending on the activities and weather conditions. Lunch and snacks are included. Please be sure to arrive on time in the morning, ready to depart for the day.
- 5:00pm: Participant pick up at Bretton Woods Adventure Center
- Pick-up time can be any time as the teen's/family's schedule may require, but participants must be picked up by 5:00pm.
- $179 per child, per day
- Includes lunch, activities of participant's choice and Day Journal for each child
This thrilling zip line adventure takes place high above the slopes of Bretton Woods. Participants are brought on an adventure that includes a network of platforms high up in the ancient hemlock trees that are connected by nine zip-lines, two sky bridges and three rappels. The 3 hour tour offers both a thrilling experience and an intimate look into the wilds of the White Mountains, with sweeping views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range. The longest zip is about 900 ft. long, about 165 ft. high off the forest floor. All participants must be at least 90 lbs and under 250 lbs.
West Wall Climb
The West Wall Guided Rock Climb at the Bretton Woods Adventure Center is an awe-inspiring climb. This rock climbing experience is designed for people with a wide range of climbing abilities, and previous climbing experience is not required. Several routes of varying difficulty, all approximately 400’ in length, ascend up a granite cliff to an elevation of 3000 feet. Situated in the White Mountain National Forest, the low-angled cliffs provide an open vista of the Pemigewasset Wilderness and Zealand Valley. Technical equipment including harness, helmet and rubber soled shoes will be provided.
Adventure Excursion Hike
Our experienced guides will take participants on a long day hike in the White Mountain National Forest. Possibilities include Frankenstein Cliff-Arethusa, Mt. Avalon, and Zealand, but the options are endless. Let us take you to some of the most beautiful places here in the White Mountains. All options are moderate in difficulty and require a decent level of physical fitness, sturdy hiking footwear, water, and backpack with extra layers.
Working with our experienced and licensed fly fishing guides, participants will learn the art of fly casting at the local pond and then spend time testing their skills on the local trout population in nearby rivers. A NH fishing license is required for this activity and the Adventure Center guides will help obtain the licenses before departure. Add fee for the NH license.
Learn the skills of map and compass with our experienced Adventure Guides. Spend time learning how to read a topographic map and find your way in the woods with the map and a compass. Also, learn the techniques of using a GPS and the learn to recognize the appropriate uses for both applications.
Go for a scenic mountain bike ride on the Franconia Bike Path or on our valley trail network. Mountain bike rentals and helmet are included.
What should you wear/bring for outdoor activities?
- Small Daypack for extra clothing and gear
- Sneakers or light hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Water bottle/Camelback
- Sunscreen/Bug Spray
- Shorts must have at least 5” inseam, Tank tops must have at least 2” strap
- All schedules, activities, and themes are subject to change – please check the daily Bugle or at the Activities Desk at The Omni Mount Washington Hotel for the latest schedule.
- Space is limited for the Teen Adventure program, reservations are required at 48 hours in advance.
- To ensure that all teens who are interested in participating in this program have a chance, please cancel your reservation at least 48hr before scheduled camp if you are unable to participate.
- Any reservations that are not cancelled by the time stated above will require full payment for the camp.
- Any reservation not cancelled and child does not arrive will be charged the full amount per session.