Ride a Fat Tire Bike This Winter
Winter Fat Tire Biking
HOURS OF OPERATION
Last rental day for 2022/23 winter season is April 2, 2023
Fat tire bikes can be reserved on a first come, first served basis at the Bretton Woods Nordic Center. Enjoy the scenery of the Omni Mount Washington Resort on a fat bike. Whether you have your own or you'd like to rent one of ours, the resort has trails for all abilities. Experience the winter cross-country riding on our trail systems, starting from the Bretton Woods Nordic Center!
While your conventional mountain bike tire is about 2 inches across, fat bikes have tires up to 5 inches across making them capable of floating across snow. Fat biking offers an alternative method of outdoor exercise during the colder months of the year when conditions aren't perfect for traditional winter activities. Fat bikes can fill in the gaps on your itinerary and help keep you in shape all winter long! For more information, please visit or call the Nordic Center at 603-278-3322.
FAT BIKE RENTAL RATES
Front suspension Scott "Big ED" Fat Bikes are available for rent at the Nordic Center. These bikes are for use on the designated trails. Rental includes a trail pass. Helmets are required and included with your rental. Riders must be able to fit on the bike properly. We have bikes in sizes for adults and children!
RENT A FAT TIRE BIKE
Bike rental includes trail pass and helmet, helmets are required.
WINTER TRAIL PASS RATES
Winter Trail Pass can be purchased at the Bretton Woods Nordic Center. A trail pass is required even if you are riding with your own equipment.
|| Public Guest
| Adult (18-64)
| Teen (13-17)
| Child (5-12)
| Senior (65-79)
| Senior (80+)
Bike Requirements, Please Note:
- Tire width must be wider than 3.75 inches
- Tire pressure must be less than 8 PSI
- Enough flotation to travel over snow without leaving a rut deeper than 1 inch
- Sufficient traction that you are able to safely control your bike and ride in a straight line
- Trails will close if the temperature rises above 32 degrees
- Helmets are required at all times when riding on the trails
- A trail pass is required if you are riding with your own equipment.
- All riders must stay on designated Fat Bike trails and are not permitted on any other trails.
- All riders are to observe and practice trail courtesy.
- All orders are charged in full at the time of the reservation. Changes or cancellations made 48 hours prior to arrival date are fully refundable. Changes or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to arrival date are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- Please pay careful attention to local weather forecasts for any outdoor activities if you feel that you do not want to participate in certain weather conditions.
- You will not be given a refund or a gift certificate if you are late or do not show up for your activity.
- If your activity is cancelled by Bretton Woods due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, you will receive a full refund or have the opportunity to reschedule. We will make every attempt to contact you at least 48 hours ahead of time however; this 48-hour notice may not always be possible due to the unpredictable nature of the weather in New Hampshire.