Start your culinary career today!
The Omni Mount Washington Resort has paired with White Mountains Community College to offer a three year Culinary Apprentice program. The purpose of the apprentice program is to offer future chefs the opportunity to train in a highly respected food operation, receive an Associate in Science Culinary Arts degree, and learn from a variety of chefs.
Registered Culinary Apprenticeship
The Omni Mount Washington Resort has met a new milestone by registering their Bretton Woods Culinary Academy as a Registered Apprenticeship with the US Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeship. The culinary academy was developed in 2017 through a partnership with White Mountains Community College and most recently the resort collaborated with ApprenticeshipNH to have the program approved as a Cook Registered Apprenticeship. ApprenticeshipNH is a grant-funded program which seeks to address workforce needs in industry sectors throughout the state by helping employers develop apprenticeship programs that meet federal standards. This enhancement to the culinary academy will allow apprentices training to become top-notch chefs to also receive a national occupational credential from the US Department of Labor.
Read Full Press Release
Throughout the program students will gain experience working in all areas of the kitchen. White Mountains Community College and Bretton Woods Culinary Academy will share in teaching the courses required of the Culinary Arts degree. At the completion of the program students will have a minimum of 6,000 hours of experience working in all aspects of the kitchen. The Bretton Woods Culinary Academy Apprentice Program will provide future chefs with the experience needed to work at any Omni property or food & beverage establishment.
Students will also be paid during this apprenticeship. This will help to defray the cost of living and school expenses. Please note: WMCC tuition expenses are additional.
Spring Open House
Saturday, March 7th 2020 from 10am-2pm
Joseph Madzia, Executive Sous Chef, will present on the apprenticeship program, housing options, discuss the application process, and answer any questions you all may have at that time. Gregory Worthern, Assoc. Professor of Baking and Pastry Arts, will be representing White Mountains Community College to answer any questions as well. Following this, we will have a brief tour of the Main Hotel and Kitchen, and then hold brief interviews with Chef Joe and the students. All prospective students and parents are welcome to the BWCA Open House.
- Location: Dartmouth Room in Main Hotel
- Directions: Please park in Guest Parking and come in the hotel through the Main Entrance. The Dartmouth Room is located off of the left side of the Main Lobby, if you walk past the Front Desk it will be located in that hallway on your right with a sign on the door.
- To RSVP or get additional information please e-mail Melanie.firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience
Other Notable Dates
- July 1, 2020: Application Deadline
- May 13th, 2020: WMCC Orientation
- July 15th, 2020: WMCC Orientation
- August 2020: BWCA Orientation
- High School Diploma
- 18 Years of age or older
- Must apply and be accepted in the Associate in Science Culinary Arts program at White Mountains Community College
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more and to multi-task
- No culinary experience necessary
- Requires guidance from managers, supervisors, or fellow teammates on prioritizing or understanding recipes
- Flexible Schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Omni Mount Washington Resort home page: https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/bretton-woods-mount-washington
Omni Careers website: https://www.omnihotels.com/careers
White Mountains Community College: http://www.wmcc.edu