Take Flight on Bretton Woods, NH Canopy Tours
Join us this summer for a thrilling zip line adventure on the slopes of Bretton Woods! Participants are brought on an adventure that includes a network of platforms high up in the ancient hemlock trees connected by nine ziplines, two sky bridges and three rappels.
This 3-hour excursion offers both a thrilling experience and an intimate look into the wilds of the White Mountains, with sweeping views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range. The longest zip is about 830 ft. long and about 165 ft. high off the forest floor. Each tour can accommodate up to eight participants who descend 1000 feet in elevation with two Adventure Guides, from the top of Rosebrook Canyon to the base of Bretton Woods.
Our canopy tour features a dual-cable construction (you slide below two separate cables, instead of just one) and platforms and bridges milled from locally harvested wood sources, in keeping with our commitment to environmentally sustainable programs. Once on the tour, our Adventure Guides describe the native flora and fauna, in addition to discussing the surrounding area, its natural history and White Mountain lore.
RESERVE CANOPY TOUR
Features of the Bretton Woods canopy tour include:
- 9 zip lines ranging from 120 to 830 feet long
- 2 sky bridges
- 3 rappels
- 16 tree platforms ranging from 10 to 70 feet high
- Zip lines up to 165 feet off of the forest floor
- 30 mph zip speeds
- 1,000 foot descent
- 2 guides per group of up to 8 participants
Bretton Woods canopy tour participant requirements
- Every participant must sign a waiver and release form. Guests under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver from their parent or legal guardian.
- The canopy tour is designed for participants of average mobility and strength and in reasonably good health. There are a number of short hikes along an unpaved path. Participants must be comfortable walking on uneven ground and down a moderate incline.
- All participants must wear closed-toed shoes.
- Participants in the canopy tour must weigh between 90 and 250 pounds. The weight limit is for the safety of you, the guides and other participants.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old and 4’6” to participate. Children between the ages of 12 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult and must be able to participate independently of the adult.
- All schedules and activities are subject to change. Please check the daily Bugle or at the Activities Concierge Desk at Omni Mount Washington Hotel for the latest schedule.
- All outdoor programs are weather dependent and at the discretion of the Bretton Woods Adventure Center Staff. The Bretton Woods Adventure Center Staff reserves the right to turn anyone away for health and/or equipment concerns.
- Participants must be physically fit enough to control their speed along the zip line by grasping the cable with a gloved hand. Participants must be able to pull themselves along the zip line if they lose momentum before reaching the platform.
- Pregnant individuals are not allowed to participate in the tour.
- Any health related issues such as heart, leg, or back problems, or other serious illnesses should be brought to the attention of your guide prior to departing on the tour.
- No one under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or impairing legal drugs will be allowed to participate in the tour.
For more information or to book your flights, please call (603) 278-4ZIP (4947).