Take Flight on Bretton Woods, NH Canopy Tours
Join us year-round for a thrilling zip line adventure on the slopes of Bretton Woods! Participants are brought on an adventure that includes a network of platforms high up in the ancient hemlock trees connected by nine ziplines, two sky bridges and three rappels.
This 3-hour excursion offers both a thrilling experience and an intimate look into the wilds of the White Mountains, with sweeping views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range. The longest zip is about 830 ft. long and about 165 ft. high off the forest floor. Each tour can accommodate up to eight participants who descend 1000 feet in elevation with two Adventure Guides, from the top of Rosebrook Canyon to the base of Bretton Woods.
Our canopy tour features a dual-cable construction (you slide below two separate cables, instead of just one) and platforms and bridges milled from locally harvested wood sources, in keeping with our commitment to environmentally sustainable programs. Once on the tour, our Adventure Guides describe the native flora and fauna, in addition to discussing the surrounding area, its natural history and White Mountain lore.
Features of the Bretton Woods canopy tour include:
- 9 zip lines ranging from 120 to 830 feet long
- 2 sky bridges
- 3 rappels
- 16 tree platforms ranging from 10 to 70 feet high
- Zip lines up to 165 feet off of the forest floor
- 30 mph zip speeds
- 1,000 foot descent
- 2 guides per group of up to 8 participants
- Friday through Monday starting December 26th, 2021 through March 28th, 2022.
- Tours are not available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Bretton Woods canopy tour participant requirements
- Every participant must sign a Waiver and Release Form. Guests under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver from their parent or legal guardian.
- The Canopy Tour is designed for participants of average mobility and strength and in reasonably good health.
- There are a number of short hikes along an unpaved path. Participants must be comfortable walking on uneven ground and down a moderate incline. Closed toed shoes are required. No sandals or flip flops.
- Participants on the Canopy Tour must weigh between 90 and 250 pounds. The weight limit is for your safety and the safety of the guides and other participants.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old and 4’6” to participate in the Canopy tour.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult and must be able to participate independently of the adult.
- Each participant must be physically fit enough to control their speed along the zip line by applying pressure to the cable with a gloved hand.
- Each participant must be able to pull him or herself along the zip line if they lose momentum before reaching the platform.
- Pregnant individuals are not allowed to participate in the tour.
- Any health related issues such as heart, leg, or back problems, or other serious illnesses should be brought to the attention of your guide prior to departing on the tour.
- No one under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or impairing legal drugs will be allowed to participate in the tour.
- All orders are charged in full at the time of the reservation. Changes or cancellations made 48 hours prior to arrival date are fully refundable. Changes or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to arrival date are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- Please pay careful attention to local weather forecasts for any outdoor activities if you feel that you do not want to participate in certain weather conditions.
- You will not be given a refund or a gift certificate if you are late or do not show up for your activity.
- We understand that COVID-19 creates uncertainty with travel plans. Please call us to discuss your options should you need to cancel due to situations resulting from the pandemic.
- If your activity is cancelled by Bretton Woods due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, you will receive a full refund or have the opportunity to reschedule. We will make every attempt to contact you at least 48 hours ahead of time however; this 48-hour notice may not always be possible due to the unpredictable nature of the weather in New Hampshire.