Frequently Asked Questions
RESERVE CANOPY TOUR
How long is the tour?
Depending on the size of your group the tour will take approximately 2 to 3 hours. This includes check-in, orientation and transport to the top of the course.
What if I am afraid of heights?
Everyone has some fear of heights and each person must determine whether the Canopy Tour is something they will find enjoyable. Many people with a fear of heights still enjoy zip rides. There is always a sense of security. You will be double clipped into a 2-cable system at all times. Our guides are true professionals and have gone through extensive training on course management and safety. They will help you through every step and provide you with the support you need to make this a fun and exhilarating experience.
How high will I be off the ground?
Our highest platform is approximately 70 feet off the ground. In addition, there will be places where you will be zipping at least 150 feet off the forest floor.
What should I wear?
For your comfort we recommend different gear per season. Learn more about what to bring.
What are the weather restrictions?
We cannot operate in high winds, lightening activity in the area, extreme cold or icing conditions. However, we do operate on rainy days. We will do everything on our end to make the tour happen but sometimes Mother Nature wins. If we need to reschedule your tour we will contact you ahead of time if possible so you can rebook or accept a voucher redeemable at the Resort. We do not offer refunds or cancellations due to weather.
How many people will be in my tour?
Your tour will consist of two guides plus those included in your reservation. We will not group different parties together.
Who can zip?
For your safety, we have requirements for tour participants.
Will there be bathrooms along the way?
You will have the opportunity to use a bathroom at the Rosebrook Lodge at the top of the Bretton Woods Skyway gondola. After this time, there are NO toilets located along the route.
What equipment will be provided for the tour?
You will be outfitted with a seat and chest harness, 1 trolley system, 2 lanyards with safety clips, gloves and a helmet.
When do I need to arrive for my tour?
You should arrive 30 minutes BEFORE your scheduled start time. This will give you time to fill out waivers, get clothing/footwear situated, use the rest rooms, and get valuables secured.
Are reservations required?
Yes, reservations are required for the full canopy tour. Please check out our rates & reservations for full details.
Should I tip my guides?
Our guides are professionally trained and hope that they provide you with a memorable and educational experience. If you feel they provided you with that experience a tip would be very generous but they are not expected.
Where do I go to start my tour?
Your tour will start at the ground or 'parking lot' level of the Bretton Woods Base Lodge. Once you have checked in you will be directed where to go from there.
For more information or to book your flights, please call 603-278-3320.
- All orders are charged in full at the time of the reservation. Changes or cancellations made 48 hours prior to arrival date are fully refundable. Changes or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to arrival date are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- Please pay careful attention to local weather forecasts for any outdoor activities if you feel that you do not want to participate in certain weather conditions.
- You will not be given a refund or a gift certificate if you are late or do not show up for your activity.
- We understand that COVID-19 creates uncertainty with travel plans. Please call us to discuss your options should you need to cancel due to situations resulting from the pandemic.
- If your activity is cancelled by Bretton Woods due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, you will receive a full refund or have the opportunity to reschedule. We will make every attempt to contact you at least 48 hours ahead of time however; this 48-hour notice may not always be possible due to the unpredictable nature of the weather in New Hampshire.