Learning to ski or snowboard can be a life-changing experience. Join countless others who have taken their first slide through a lesson with a Bretton Woods instructor. From group lessons to private lessons, many of our professional instructors are PSIA and AASI certified, bringing you the highest quality standardized instruction. Whether you're first stepping into a pair of boots or you're looking to dial in and build on your current skill set, our instructors are ready to provide a more personal and tailored lesson experience for your needs. And trust the pros, learning from friends and family can often be problematic because of comforts in the relationship and lack of instructional knowledge.
We offer private lessons for up to four people who want to learn together. Returning this season our group ski lessons for children ages 4-10. Lessons are available for skiing and snowboarding.
On Fridays and Saturdays, we offer morning and afternoon half-day group lessons for children 4-10 years-old. For children ages 4-6, we take a 'snow play' approach by getting acquainted with everything from the snow to the equipment, in a fun way, while integrating the sliding movements of skiing. For 7–10 year-olds, we take a more direct activity and game-based path to teaching ski movements.
Scheduled Lesson Times
Lessons will take place on Friday and Saturdays only starting in December. Lessons are 2 hours with breaks for warming up.
Students should meet their ski and snowboard instructors at the Ski School Meeting Place near the Learning Center Quad. Promptly at the following times.
Children's Group Pricing Info:
*Pricing does not include equipment rentals or lift tickets
- 2-hour group lesson maximum for 4-6 years is 3 children
- 2-hour group lesson maximum for 7-10 years is 6 children
Book your lesson today!
You must make reservations two days in advance online at Bretton Woods E-store or by calling 603-278-3303. Students must be 4 years-old and older. We offer a limited number of same-day lessons with a reservation and full payment. We highly recommend that you make reservations in advance.
This is a ski-only program for the following ability levels based on the Bretton Woods skiing skill zones:
- Red zone
- Learning center green zone
- Mountain green zone skiers
- All orders are charged in full at the time of the reservation. Changes or cancellations made 48 hours prior to arrival date are fully refundable. Changes or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to arrival date are non-refundable and non-changeable. This includes those due to inclement weather or snow conditions.
- Please pay careful attention to local weather forecasts for any outdoor activities if you feel that you do not want to participate in certain weather conditions.
- You will not be given a refund or a gift certificate if you are late or do not show up for your activity.
- If your activity is cancelled by Bretton Woods due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, you will receive a full refund or have the opportunity to reschedule. We will make every attempt to contact you at least 48 hours ahead of time however; this 48-hour notice may not always be possible due to the unpredictable nature of the weather in New Hampshire.
For more information, please contact the Bretton Woods Ski School at 603-278-3303.