The Rental & Repair Shop at Bretton Woods is open each winter season ready to outfit you with all the equipment you need for a day on the slopes. All alpine rentals require advance online reservations 24 hours prior to arrival date. Renters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
For additional information on our operating plans and policies, please click below or call the Rental Shop at 603-278-3344.
Located on the lower level of the base lodge, the Bretton Woods' Repair Shop features belt and stone grinds, base repairs and hot waxing. We also use WEND brand eco-friendly ski/snowboard wax which is biodegradable, contains NO flouros, and NO toxic chemicals, while outperforming any of the chemically infused waxes on the market.
Repair Shop Services for 2023-24 Season
Hours of operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 8:30am-4pm
Thursday - Friday: Closed
Saturday - Sunday: 8am-4pm
Performance Tune: $80
The Performance Tune starts with minor base repairs if needed and a wet-belt sanding to clean and prep the base.
- The stone grind- used to structure the base and flatten the equipment that may be untrue.
- Hand edging- using a manual beveller, it gets a nice, clean, sharp edge.
- Hand waxing- helps the base absorb more wax for a longer lasting glide and conditioning of your base.
- Tips and tails will complete the tune to help you keep from hooking your turns.
Full Tune: $60
Skis/snowboards get a fresh wet sand base grind to clean the base.
- Stone grind to polish, structure and flatten equipment that may be severely untrue.
- Edges are sharpened and polished with a ceramic disc grinder to ensure great edge glide and grip.
- Fresh coat of wax over the belt waxer.
- Edge finishing to keep your tips and tail from hooking and grabbing.
Quick Tune: $40
This tune is a basic tune to get you back on the slopes quickly. It consists of a pass on the wet belt sander to clean the base, and then a pass on the wet belt edger to sharpen and then a pass on the belt waxer to help your equipment glide better. Finally tips and tails are finished to prevent hooking edges when you don't want to.
Hand Edge: $30
Ceramic Disc Edge: $20
Belt Edge: $15
Hand Wax: $35
Belt Wax: $15
Hand Edge and Wax: $50
5 Quick Tune cards: $140
Binding Mount/Remount (system or drill): $40
Binding Adjustment & Test: $30
Snowboard Binding Mount/Remount: $20
Base Repairs: Starting at $10
Stone Grind: $25
Belt Grind: $20
For more information, please contact the Bretton Woods Repair Shop at 603-278-8956.