Ride a Fat Tire Bike This Winter
"Fat Bikes"...whereas your conventional mountain bike tire is about 2 inches across, fat bikes have tires up to 5 inches across making them capable of floating across snow, offering an alternative method of outdoor exercise during the colder months of the year when conditions aren't perfect for traditional winter activities. Fat bikes can fill in the gaps on your itinerary and help keep you in shape all winter long!
Enjoy the scenery of the Omni Mount Washington Resort on a fat bike. Whether you have your own or need to rent one of ours, the Resort has trails for all abilities. Experience the Winter cross country riding on our Deception Trail System from the Bretton Woods Nordic Center!
2021-22 FAT BIKE WINTER SCHEDULE
- Open Daily: 10:00am – 4:00pm (mid-November - mid-March, weather permitting).
- Christmas Day: 12:00pm-4:00pm.
- Advanced reservations are required. Trail passes and rental equipment must be purchased a minimum of 48 hours in advance online on the Bretton Woods E-Store.
RESERVE FAT BIKES
- All bikes must be returned by 4:00pm.
- Trails close at 4:00pm.
FAT BIKE RENTAL RATES
Front suspension Scott "Big ED" Fat Bikes are available for rent at the Nordic Center. These bikes are for use on the Deception System trails. Rental includes a trail pass. Helmets are required and included with your rental. Riders must be able to fit on the bike properly. We have bikes in sizes for adults and children!
Bike rental includes trail pass and helmet, helmets are required.
WINTER TRAIL PASS RATES
Winter Trail Pass can be purchased at either the Bretton Woods Nordic Center or the Bretton Woods Demo Center located on the lower level of the Bretton Woods Ski Area base lodge. A trail pass is required even if you are riding with your own equipment.
|| Public Guest
|| Resort Guest
| Adult (18-64)
| Teen (13-17)
| Child (5-12)
| Senior (65-79)
| Senior (80+)
Bike Requirements, Please Note:
- Tire width must be wider than 3.75 inches
- Tire pressure must be less than 8 PSI
- Enough flotation to travel over snow without leaving a rut deeper than 1 inch
- Sufficient traction that you are able to safely control your bike and ride in a straight line
- Trails will close if the temperature rises above 32 degrees
- Helmets are required at all times when riding on the trails
- A trail pass is required if you are riding with your own equipment.
- All riders must stay on designated Fat Bike trails and are not permitted on any other trails.
- All riders are to observe and practice trail courtesy.
- All orders are charged in full at the time of the reservation. Changes or cancellations made 48 hours prior to arrival date are fully refundable. Changes or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to arrival date are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- Please pay careful attention to local weather forecasts for any outdoor activities if you feel that you do not want to participate in certain weather conditions.
- You will not be given a refund or a gift certificate if you are late or do not show up for your activity.
- We understand that COVID-19 creates uncertainty with travel plans. Please call us to discuss your options should you need to cancel due to situations resulting from the pandemic.
- If your activity is cancelled by Bretton Woods due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, you will receive a full refund or have the opportunity to reschedule. We will make every attempt to contact you at least 48 hours ahead of time however; this 48-hour notice may not always be possible due to the unpredictable nature of the weather in New Hampshire.