Experience fly fishing in one of New Hampshire's most scenic and pristine fly fishing destinations. Try your hand at angling the Ammonoosuc River or any of a number of local rivers and streams, take a casting lesson or indulge in a four hour guided river adventure.
New Hampshire fishing licenses are required for fishing off property and may be purchased online before your visit or the Activities Concierge, located in the Great Hall of the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, can assist you in obtaining one. For more information, please call the Adventure Center at 603-278-3320. Guided instruction and guided trips are available upon request.
On-River Beginner Clinics
Join our experienced guide for a “teach by terrain” fly-fishing experience on the Ammonoosuc River. These clinics are ideal for beginners; teaching basics of fly-casting, choosing the proper fly for your quarry, and navigating the river to find ideal places to throw a line in.
Guests will meet their instructor at the Stone Pillar Lodge 10 minutes prior to the lesson before getting all the necessary equipment and heading out to the water. Fly-casting and fly-fishing clinics are restricted to ages 13 and up. All participants 16 and older must have a NH State Fishing License, which can be purchased ahead of time online at the NH Fish and Game website. A parent or guardian must be present to sign a waiver for anyone under 18 years of age.
Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance online at brettonwoods.com or by calling 603-278-3320.Based on availability; schedule is subject to change without notice.
2023 On-River Clinic Schedule
Thursday - Saturday: May 25 - September 2, 2023
1pm - 3pm
Prices include rod & flies. Prices do NOT include waders. Closed-toe water shoes are recommended if you do not have your own waders.
Book Your Clinic
Fly Fishing Requirements:
- Every participant must sign a waiver and release form. Guests under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver from their parent or legal guardian.
- Reservations are required 24- hours before activity.
- Scheduled time of the activity will be arranged with the guide.
- A valid printed fishing license from the State of NH prior to starting the trip. Options for the purchase of a NH fishing license include: Online NH Fish and Game website. At one of the State of NH fishing Licensing agents.
- Guest must be 13 years-old or older.
What Should You Bring
- Appropriate clothing and closed-toe water shoes for walking in and around the water
- A small backpack
- Your own lunch, snacks, and water
- Transportation top and from location
- Sunscreen/Bug Spray
- Waterproof jacket
If the guide deems the river conditions to be unsafe and/or unsuitable for fishing we reserve the right to cancel the program for the day. In this instance, the guest will be offered a full refund. River Condition is monitored on a daily basis.
- All orders are charged in full at the time of the reservation. Changes or cancellations made 48 hours prior to arrival date are fully refundable. Changes or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to arrival date are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- Please pay careful attention to local weather forecasts for any outdoor activities if you feel that you do not want to participate in certain weather conditions.
- You will not be given a refund or a gift certificate if you are late or do not show up for your activity.
- If your activity is cancelled by Bretton Woods due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, you will receive a full refund or have the opportunity to reschedule. We will make every attempt to contact you at least 48 hours ahead of time however; this 48-hour notice may not always be possible due to the unpredictable nature of the weather in New Hampshire.