Guided Rock Climbing
Join our experienced guides for the awe-inspiring West Wall guided rock climbing adventure at the Bretton Woods Adventure Center. This rock climbing experience is designed for people with a wide range of climbing abilities and previous climbing experience is not required. This three-hour guided rock climb is tailored to each group based on individual abilities and goals. One guide will accompany up to three guests and work with each group to choose the most appropriate route. Guests will be belayed on all technical climbing sections. Fixed ropes may be used as aid if needed.
After a ride up the Skyway Gondola, a short hike will take you to the bottom of the southwest face of Mount Oscar, better known to Bretton Woods skiers as West Mountain. Several routes of varying difficulty, all approximately 400’ in length, ascend a granite cliff to an elevation of 3,000 feet. Situated in the White Mountain National Forest, the cliffs provide open views of the Pemigewasset Wilderness and Zealand Valley. Reservations are required for this activity. Please book your adventure by calling 603-278-3320.
May 21- Starting at 9:30am and 1:30pm
June 4, 11, 25
July 2, 9, 23
August 13, 20
Schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or other circumstances.
Check-in is located at the Bretton Woods Base Lodge. Guests should check in at the Adventure Center 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
- Every participant must sign a Waiver and Release Form. Guests under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver from their parent or legal guardian.
- Participants must be 8 years old and safely fit in the harness provided.
- Participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Each participant needs to be in relatively good physical condition and able to walk over uneven ground.
What to wear and what to bring:
- Small Daypack for extra clothing and gear
- Waterproof jacket
- Water bottle/Camelback
- Sunscreen/Bug Spray
- All reservations are charged in full at the time of the reservation. Changes or cancellations made 48 hours prior to arrival date are fully refundable. Changes or cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to arrival date are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- Please pay careful attention to local weather forecasts for any outdoor activities if you feel that you do not want to participate in certain weather conditions.
- You will not be given a refund or a gift certificate if you are late or do not show up for your activity.
- If your activity is cancelled by Bretton Woods due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, you will receive a full refund or have the opportunity to reschedule. We will make every attempt to contact you at least 48 hours ahead of time however; this 48-hour notice may not always be possible due to the unpredictable nature of the weather in New Hampshire.